Alireza Bozorgi, MD, is a board-certified neurologist, also specialized in pain management and epilepsy. He received his medical degree from Tehran, Iran. He completed a neurology residency from Tehran university. He, then, completed another neurology residency in Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. He obtained a subspecialty in Epilepsy in Cleveland. He worked 2 years in Mercy hospital in Youngstown, Ohio. Then he completed a year of fellowship in pain management in Cleveland. Then he moved to Detroit, Michigan where he practiced for a year.
Dr. Bozorgi has a wealth of research experience and has published extensively. He is a member of several professional associations including American Board of Neurology and Psychiatry.
Dedicated to providing quality, compassionate patient care, Dr. Bozorgi is currently accepting new patients.
He offers medical and interventional and invasive management of chronic pain including pain arising from spine, joints, limbs, and headache. His approach to ailments is holistic one, incorporating several frontiers of treatment.
He spends all other times not practicing medicine with his family and travel.
- American Pain Medicine Board 2021
- American Epilepsy Board 2018
- American Neurology Board 2017
- Iraninan Neurology Board 2009
- Interventional Pain management fellowship (2020-2021): University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- Clinical epilepsy fellowship (2017-2018): University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- Neurology residency (2013-2017): University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- Neurology residency (2005-2009): Imam Khomeini General Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
- Medical school (1993 – 2000): School of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
- Pain management interventionist, Northland Radiology Center, Detroit, Michigan, August 2021-current
- Neurologist, epileptologist: St. Elizabeth Hospital, Youngstown, Ohio. July 2018-June 2020
- Postdoc research fellow, Epilepsy Department, Case Medical Center, University hospitals, Cleveland, Ohio. January 2011-May 2013
- Assistant professor of neurology: Department of Neurology, Tohid General Hospital, Sanandaj, Iran (January 2010 – Oct 2010
Areas of Interest:
- Ketamine infusion
- Interventional treatment of headaches
- Jesus-Ribeiro J, Bozorgi A, Alkhaldi M, Shaqfeh M, Fernandez-Baca Vaca G, Katirji B. “Autoimmune Musicogenic Epilepsy associated with Anti-glutamic acid decarboxylase antibodies and Stiff-person syndrome” Clinical Case Reports
- Lüders H, Akamatsu N, Amina S, Baumgartner C, Benbadis S, Bermeo-Ovalle A, Bleasel A, Bozorgi A. et al. “Critique of the 2017 epileptic seizure and epilepsy classifications”, Epilepsia 2019 Jun;60(6):1032-1039
- Lüders H, Fernandez-Baca Vaca G, Akamatsu N, Amina S, Arzimanoglou A, Baumgartner C, Benbadis S, Bleasel A, Bermeo-Ovalle A, Bozorgi A. et al. “Classification of paroxysmal events and the four-dimensional epilepsy classification system”. Epileptic Disord. 2019 Feb, 1;21(1):1-29
- Hansen M, Bozorgi A, Richards S, Thammongkolchai T and Devereaux M. “A Case of Severe Wernicke Encephalopathy with Bilateral Sensorineural Hearing Loss” Neurology, (2018) April, 90 (15 Supplement)
- Ramos-Estebanez C, Kohen M, Pace J, Bozorgi A, Manjila S, Alambyan V, Nwankwo I, DeGeorgia M, Bambakidis NC, Orge F. ” Bedside optical coherence tomography for Terson’s syndrome screening in acute subarachnoid hemorrhage: a pilot study.” J Neurosurg. (2018) Feb 2:1-8.
- Sahoo S, Zhao M, Luo L, Bozorgi A, Gupta D. K, Lhatoo S. D and Zhang G. Q. “OPIC: Ontology-Driven Patient Information Capturing System for Epilepsy.” AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2012, (2012): 799-808.
- Sahoo S, Lhatoo S. D, Gupta D. K, Cui L, Zhao M, Jayapandian C, Bozorgi A and Zhang G. Q. “Epilepsy and Seizure Ontology: Towards an Epilepsy Informatics Infrastructure for Clinical Research and Patient Care.” J Am Med Inform Assoc 21, no. 1 (2014): 82-9.
- Sahoo S, Jayapandian C, Garg G, Kaffashi F, Chung S, Bozorgi A, Chen C. H, Loparo K. A, Lhatoo S. D and Zhang G. Q. “Heart Beats in the Cloud: Distributed Analysis of Electrophysiological ‘Big Data’ Using Cloud Computing for Epilepsy Clinical Research.” J Am Med Inform Assoc 21, no. 2 (2014): 263-71.
- Jayapandian C. P, Chen C. H, Bozorgi A, Lhatoo S. D, Zhang G. Q and Sahoo S. “Electrophysiological Signal Analysis and Visualization Using Cloudwave for Epilepsy Clinical Research.” Stud Health Technol Inform 192, (2013): 817-21.
- Cui L, Sahoo S, Lhatoo S. D, Garg G, Rai P, Bozorgi A, and Zhang G. Q. “Complex Epilepsy Phenotype Extraction from Narrative Clinical Discharge Summaries.” J Biomed Inform 51, (2014): 272-9.
- Cui L, Bozorgi A, Lhatoo S. D, Zhang G. Q and Sahoo S. “EpiDEA: extracting structured epilepsy and seizure information from patient discharge summaries for cohort identification” AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2012, (2012): 1191-200.
- Bozorgi A, Lhatoo S. D. ” Seizures, Cerebral Shutdown, and SUDEP” Epilepsy Curr 13, no. 5 (2013): 236-40.
- Bozorgi A, Chung A, Kaffashi F, Loparo K. A, Sahoo S, Zhang G. Q, Kaiboriboon K and Lhatoo S. D. “Significant Postictal Hypotension: Expanding the Spectrum of Seizure-Induced Autonomic Dysregulation.” Epilepsia 54, no. 9 (2013): e127-30.
- Ghoreishi A, Ghabayee M, Bayati A, Bozorgi A, Ghaffarpour M, Modara F. Paroxysmal dyskinesia followed by botulinium injection in a case with neuroacanthocytosis. Iranian Journal of Neurology, Vol 7, No. 26&27 (2009): 8:554-560.
- Harirchian MH, Bozorgi A, Ghoreishi A, Ghaffarpour M. Moyamoya disease in a boy with the history of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. Iranian Journal of Neurology, Vol 7, No. 26&27 (2009): 497-504
- Bozorgi, A “Neurological examination for pain specialists” University hospital Cleveland Medical Center pain conference
- Bozorgi, A “Nerve Conduction Study – Electromyography” University hospital Cleveland Medical Center pain conference
- Bozorgi, A “Interventional treatments of headache” University hospital Cleveland Medical Center pain conference
- Bozorgi, A “Shoulder pain” University hospital Cleveland Medical Center pain conference
- Kandregula K, Chen S, Pace J, Bozorgi A, Singh G, Manjila S, Gokhale S, Dorn E and Ramos-Estebanez C “The feasibility of lumbar puncture in the presence of cerebral mass effect” American Academy of Neurology poster presentation, Boston, USA, 2017
- Bozorgi A, Preston D. C “A case of posterior interosseous nerve entrapment inside lipoma and compressed by collateral arteries in a patient with radial artery excision for coronary artery bypass grafting” American Academy of Neurology poster presentation, Boston, USA, 2017
- Pace J, Dorn E, Kulari A, Kandregula K, Bozorgi A; Alrajah M, Manjila S and Ramos-Estebanez C “Acute Pediatric Ischemic Stroke Acute Management: a window for opportunity?” American Academy of Neurology poster presentation, Boston, USA, 2017
- Kohen M, Bozorgi A, Pace J, Kandregula K, Manjila S, Chen S, Malkin D, Singh G, Orge F and Ramos- Estebanez C “Bedside Optical Coherence Tomography for Terson’s Syndrome screening in Acute Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: A pilot study” American Academy of Neurology poster presentation, Boston, USA, 2017
- Bozorgi A, Miller B, Xiong, Amina S “Challenges of Prognostication after Anoxic Brain Injury, A Case Report” Epilepsy Colloquium, Miami, USA 2017
- Bozorgi A, Pham J, Dedhia N and Rogers L ” A case of granulomatosis with polyangiitis presenting with bilateral sensorineural hearing loss” Neurology Research Day, Cleveland, USA 2017
- Hansen M, Bozorgi A, Richards S, Thammongkolchai T and Devereaux M “A case of severe Wernicke encephalopathy with bilateral sensorineural hearing loss” Neurology Research Day, Cleveland, USA 2017
- Wang H, Dickey T, Rizvi M, Bozorgi A, Xiong W, Ramos Estebanez C, Sila C, Furlan A. J and Sundararajan S “Reasons for and Outcomes of Patients Who Do Not Receive Endovascular Intervention for Acute Ischemic Stroke” Neurology Research Day, Cleveland, USA 2017